Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muhyiddin pushed for my resignation over YTL contract, says Maszlee
[Image: MAZLEE-MALIK-FIRST-DAY-SCHOOL-04.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Maszlee Malik claims that Muhyiddin Yassin pushed then prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad for his resignation as education minister over a contract issue involving YTL Communications Sdn Bhd.

In his newly released book titled “Memori Bukan Memoir”, Maszlee said he was called five times to meet Mahathir over the matter.

In two of those meetings, the top leadership of the education ministry joined him to explain the decision not to extend YTL’s contract as a service provider for the 1BestariNet project, which Muhyiddin initiated in 2011 when he was education minister.

“I’m often asked whether the seventh prime minister’s (Mahathir) request for me to return my position to him was due to the 1BestariNet issue, or more specifically, YTL’s controversial contract with the education ministry.

“I cannot say that this is the only reason, but I can say that it was one of the reasons that the prime minister asked me to do so, and according to him, following the request of the Bersatu president (Muhyiddin).

- More -