Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S’gor prince denies links to development project in Kuala Langat forest reserve
[Image: Tengku_Amir_Shah_Sultan_Sharafuddin_Idri...am_pic.png]

SHAH ALAM – Raja Muda of Selangor Tengku Amir Shah Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah has denied any links to a developer or any development project in the Kuala Langat North Forest Reserve (KLNFR).

“Some groups believe I am benefiting from such a decision. I would like to make my position clear: I have no link to Gabungan Indah Sdn Bhd or any development project in KLNFR,” he said in an Instagram post today.

This is in reference to a decision to degazette KLNFR, with the state Forestry Department in a statement on Wednesday saying it is in line with Selangor’s development goals towards socioeconomic stability and sustainability.

It stressed that the state government is maintaining about 46% of the forest in Tg Dua Belas, Kuala Langat, as a permanent reserve.

The proposal to degazette the forest reserve had undergone a thorough public investigation since the decision on the matter was received in November 2019, it said.

“The state government has also imposed several conditions on the developer Gabungan Indah, including retaining 20% of the development area as a green area, as well as the need for the translocation of flora and fauna species of interest.”

- More -