Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOURSAY | What does the future hold for Anwar?
[Image: 42670ca8b000e7b929c8713b9eb4c820.jpg=s660]

Multi Racial: Firstly, Anwar failed was because there was no united opposition front. All should not just join hands to support Anwar, but also help to convince MPs who share the same principles to join Harapan.

Instead, the opposition is split between Anwar and Shafie. I believe Shafie could be a potential PM one day but he needs to be reasonable and patient. How could he expect to be PM when he only has eight MPs in his party? He would be a weak PM.

There is also obviously no intention on his part to support Anwar and that mainly came from Dr Mahathir Mohamad. For whatever reason, Shafie is indebted to Mahathir. If he wants to be our nation’s leader, he has to first learn to be his own man and not someone’s lackey.

No doubt, Anwar is not perfect and he has his fair share of mistakes. Among those were when he was in power in Umno. He, together with Mahathir, were primarily responsible for the Islamisation of our country. But he has since changed. He has done a lot in reforming our nation.

Twenty years ago, we would be laughed at if we said the opposition could win the general election. But in GE14, they did it. Many gave credit to Mahathir, which personally, I think is wrong. The person we have to credit is Anwar.

Don’t forget that Mahathir’s party, Bersatu, lost the most seats they contested, and some of them even lost their deposits. Remember, his party was contesting against Umno and PAS.

Malaysians should not be ungrateful. Anwar never gave up on us and we should not either.

In my opinion, Anwar is still capable and should continue to lead us to GE15. I hope many good leaders from all races would join the fight. This includes Shafie.

- More -