Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kamala Harris, as first woman elected VP, says she 'won't be the last'
[Image: 200729122210-kamala-harris-april-2019-me...us-169.jpg]

(CNN)On the night Vice President-elect Kamala Harris made history, she recognized the long battle women had faced for the right to vote and to break into the highest ranks of American politics -- and said that "every little girl watching" across the country now knows they can do so, too.

In a speech Saturday night in Wilmington, Delaware, before she introduced President-elect Joe Biden, Harris also thanked Black women, saying they are "too often overlooked, but so often prove that they are the backbone of our democracy."

"While I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last," Harris said. "Because every little girl watching tonight sees that this is a country of possibilities."

"And to the children of our country, regardless of your gender, our country has sent you a clear message: Dream with ambition, lead with conviction and see yourself in a way that others might not see you, simply because they've never seen it before. And we will applaud you every step of the way," she said.

- More -