Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still no one with majority, Muhyiddin says in jab at MP claiming ‘formidable’ numbers
[Image: 19022021-muhyiddin-facebook.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Although Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has resigned as prime minister, his political career is not yet dead in the water as there is still no single candidate with majority support.

The Bersatu president said he ended up being caretaker prime minister as no party has the majority, and even alluded to his political rival without naming names.

“Previously, an MP claimed that he has ‘convincing and formidable’ (numbers), but now, we haven’t heard anything about it.

“We are politicians, we have information. Not one side has a bigger majority than me. But whatever it is, the process and appointment (of the prime minister) now lies with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong,” he told selected news editors after his televised address from Putrajaya yesterday. 

Muhyiddin said if he offers to retake the prime minister’s job now with the same support, the political tussle will continue.

“Even if I were to offer myself, the numbers are still the same. The country will continue to be in limbo. The tussle will keep repeating itself.

- More -