Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malaysian teacher surprised to be among Top 10 finalists for Global Teacher Award
Malaysian teacher humbled, surprised to be among Top 10 finalists for Global Teacher Prize 2020
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 28 — Teacher Samuel Isaiah was surprised to be the eighth educator to join Top 10 finalists of the Global Teacher Prize 2020 as he was initially reluctant to join the competition.
It was only after two of his mentors persuaded and encouraged him to do so that he decided to take on the challenging task of convincing the panel that not only was he worthy, but also to provide exposure for the work he was doing.

“Dr Mariah Ibrahim, my former lecturer from University Utara Malaysia and Datin Rosliza Rosli, who worked in the Ministry of Education inspired and encouraged me to apply for this award,” Samuel said when contacted by Malay Mail.

“Initially I didn’t want to apply as I did not want to be glorified as a teacher and I want the focus to be on the kids but after some convincing I decided to do so and to be honest I am very surprised and humbled by it.

- More -