Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yong Chee Kong insists pledge of two million Sinovac doses to Penang is real
Labelled ‘bogus’ by Khairy, man claiming to be Yong Chee Kong insists pledge of two million Sinovac doses to Penang is real
Quote:He reiterated that he would only donate vaccines that he procured himself and was not offering funds to purchase vaccines.

“But they want me to pay to a company in KL. I don’t want that. I know the costs,” he said.

Yong also said he was consulting his lawyer about whether to call for a press conference and clarify matters following the minister’s revelation.

“I’m still thinking about it. Of course I want to clear my name,” he said.

[Image: Yong_Chee_Kong_kk_house_2005.jpg]

KOTA KINABALU, May 20 — A man claiming to be the Sabah businessman offering to donate two million Sinovac vaccine doses to Penang insisted his offer was genuine and not “bogus” as described by Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Khairy Jamaludin yesterday.

Identifying himself as Yong Chee Kong from Hong Kong-based investment company Xintai Enterprise Development Limited, he told Malay Mail when contacted that there was no link to the firm as he was acting in his personal capacity to donate the vaccines and never wanted the exposure.

“This is now a political issue. It’s not fair to me. We only wanted to donate the vaccines, not give cash,” said Yong.

- More -
Khairy says ‘bogus’ vaccine donor who offered two million Sinovac vaccines to Penang failed to show proof of donation

[Image: khairy_jamaluddin_27042021.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR, May 20 — Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Khairy Jamaluddin today defended his actions of exposing a purportedly “bogus” vaccine donor who had offered to sponsor two million Sinovac vaccine doses for the Penang state government.

Taking to Twitter, the coordinating minister for the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (NIP) said that his aide had gotten in touch with the man, named Yong Chee Kong, and had asked for proof of donation which Yong failed to produce.

“He said no. He said he has money in an account in Hong Kong.

“She then told him he can either show proof of the donation or make an official donation to the government of Malaysia which we will pass to the Penang government. Not for him to pay to any company. Which he refused.

“As I said yesterday, I am happy to facilitate the donation if Mr Yong can prove he can procure the vaccines or make an official contribution to the government,” Khairy said, sharing a Malay Mail article with an interview with Yong.

Khairy’s comments come after Malay Mail’s report earlier, in which Yong insisted that his offer to donate the Sinovac doses to Penang was not a hoax.

The man claiming to be a Sabah businessman offering to donate the vaccines insisted his offer was genuine and not “bogus” as described by Khairy yesterday.
- More -
HK firm’s Covid vaccine donation offer to Sabah news to me, says Masidi

[Image: MASIDI__VAKSIN-lpr_20210316.jpg]

KOTA KINABALU, May 21 — Sabah Covid-19 spokesperson Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun is not aware of the offer by a Hong Kong-based company to donate two million doses of Sinovac vaccine to Sabah.

Masidi was asked to comment on the allegation that the state government did not respond to the donation offer.

“I have no comment as I am not aware of such purported donation,” he said in a WhatsApp message to The Borneo Post this morning.

A representative of the company, Yong Chee Kong, said the two million Sinovac vaccine doses were offered to Penang when there was no response from the Sabah government.
- More -