Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcing the new political party, Semua Saya Sapu
[Image: ADZHAR-IBRAHIM.jpg]

I am now retired, and contemplating politics. Not the ones in the corporate offices. They are already packed with full-time politicians, I wouldn’t stand a chance. I love academia too, but wouldn’t be able to survive there either. I’ve heard the politics there is especially vicious because the stakes are so small.

Good old political politics is what’s left for me. Therefore, I am examining my options.

I can join a political party. But I’ve never joined one before, and I hate filling up forms (I heard they can fill them out for you) and paying dues (I heard they can do that for you too) and attending meetings and demonstrations (ditto…).

For all I know, I may already be a member of a political party or two. So, joining a political party is out.

I can start an NGO. But if I start an NGO, I’d have to do all the form-filling, dues-paying and attending meetings as well as demonstrations for all my “members” myself. So, that’s out too.

I would have to start my own political party then. First order of business is choosing a party symbol. All the nice ones (eagle, teapot) are taken, and only a few not-so-attractive ones are left. I don’t want a tongue depressor as my party’s symbol, so I’d have to settle on the speeding Myvi symbol. The Registrar of Societies wasn’t happy to see that go: the next one, a squatting toilet bowl, may always remain untaken.

I would have loved a frog as a symbol. That symbol, however, has been retired for being so overused (though there’s special approval for use in Sabah by popular demand). And a Mercedes car symbol is reserved for a Kelantan-based party.

- More -