Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MP SPEAKS | I will contest DAP polls, prepared for defeat
[Image: 60f11433b084bc859eae37dab5057a75.jpg=s660]

MP SPEAKS | I will contest the DAP central executive committee election in June and am prepared to be defeated in a party election, where I have given over 55 years of my life in pursuit of the Malaysian dream. I am not aiming for any frontline leadership position.

I want to reiterate that DAP does not advocate any de-Chinese, de-Malay, de-Indian, de-Kadazan or de-Iban policy. We stand for the very opposite, as we want Malaysians to accept that Malaysians will have multiple identities – ethnic, religious, linguistic, cultural, regional - but first and foremost that they are all Malaysians.

I want to thank KY Chan and Tony Pua, the DAP MP for Damansara, for this idea of Theatre Impian which they had worked for over two years as a labour of love, solidarity, idealism and patriotism but they had kept me in the dark until last month, just before the launching of Theatre Impian.

Theatre Impian captured the substance of what we had fought for over half a century, in pursuit of the Malaysian dream for all Malaysians regardless of race, language, religion or region to be united to make Malaysia a world-class great nation.

- More -