Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Mahathir trying to paint a negative picture on the unity gov’t?
The End Of Mahathir’s Trick, Legacy & Political Journey – You Cannot Fool All The People All The Time
[Image: Mahathir-Mohamad-and-Billionaire-Syed-Mokhtar.jpg]

When Mahathir Mohamad was asked in 2003 by Asiaweek how he would like his legacy to be remembered, he said – “Oh, I really don’t care. In 40 years, I’m not going to be around and when you’re dead, people will say nasty things about you. It doesn’t make a difference to me.” That was during his first stint as prime minister, whose iron-fist rule span for 22 years from 1981 to 2003.

He was asked the same question again in 2021 during an interview on radio station BFM. Aged 95, he had resigned about a year earlier as the prime minister for the second time, which lasted only 22 months. Again, he boastfully said – “I don’t care about my legacy. I am quite sure when I can dead and gone, people will still run me down. And all that will not seem important, I’ll be dead anyway.”

The dictator lied. He actually still cares very much about his legacy even till today. He was pretending that he didn’t care because during both interviews, he knew his legacy would be intact even after he was no longer the prime minister. Before he quit in 2003, he specifically handpicked Abdullah Badawi – a lame duck who slept most of the time on the job – as his successor.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Mahathir trying to paint a negative picture on the unity gov’t? - by superadmin - 03-25-2023, 06:56 AM