Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MACC expected to charge senior political leader tomorrow
Big Grin 
Whatever I say, I’ll still be prosecuted: Muhyiddin claims political persecution
[Image: 09032023_-_Tan_Sri_Muhyiddin_Yassin_hadi...N_-_36.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has vehemently denied graft allegations levelled against him, calling them “politically motivated”.

Speaking to reporters after being interviewed by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) at their headquarters in Putrajaya, Muhyiddin said he was bound to be prosecuted despite providing satisfying answers to the agency’s queries.

“Despite explaining myself and all of my actions (to the investigating officers), and knowing that there is no legal basis for them to prosecute me, there have been instructions from the ultimate authorities in the government for me to be prosecuted,” he said.

“So whatever explanation I give, I will still be prosecuted in the end,” he said.

Muhyiddin briefly explained that MACC officers had raised two matters in their investigations, one pertaining to the Jana Wibawa initiative, and another relating to his purported grants of tax exemptions to businessman Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary’s foundation.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: MACC expected to charge senior political leader tomorrow - by superadmin - 03-10-2023, 03:04 PM