Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than 8,000 vie for PKR branch posts
Battle for Setiawangsa PKR chief: Afdlin up for tough fight

[Image: 31032021_-_KUL_-_Afdlin_Shauki_-_SAIRIEN_NAFIS-10.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – Celebrity actor and director Datuk Afdlin Shauki said he will be facing a tough fight against incumbent PKR Setiawangsa branch chairman Nik Nazmi Ahmad when the two face off in the upcoming party polls.

Afdlin, who joined the party last year, announced his bid to contest the Setiawangsa branch chief post on Monday.

The multiple award-winning entertainer, who cut his teeth writing and performing comedy skits before hitting the silver screen, said service is the driving force behind his decision to contest the post and not any animosity towards Nik Nazmi.

“I have great respect for Nik Nazmi and what he has done for the party. I am entering the party elections to give party members an option of a candidate who does not have political baggage behind me,” Afdlin told The Vibes.

“I am less about the politics and more about the service. I am ready to be of service to rejuvenate the party in Setiawangsa and strengthen PKR’s footing in the area. (It is) definitely a tough fight as Nik is the incumbent MP.”

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: More than 8,000 vie for PKR branch posts - by superadmin - 04-13-2022, 09:17 AM