Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Self Help Hold for Emergencies
In any acute situation I  immediately go for this Jin Shin Jyutsu self help hold for emergencies. Usually, it calms things down, and I feel my normal self within seconds to a few minutes.

Of course, please always seek medical help and advice in an acute emergency.

Acute situations
By acute I mean a condition which arises suddenly and which I experience intensely. Acute conditions include: difficulty breathing, choking, nausea, and vomiting. Also if you feel suddenly unwell or experience severe abdominal cramps, menstrual cramps, etc.

The exercise

How to practise the Jin Shin Jyutsu self help hold for emergencies:

Place the hands on the insides of the knees. The fingers rest at the bottom of the inside of the knee (the thumb will be at the top of the knee as shown in the image). 

[Image: Flows-For-Life-Jin-Shin-Jyutsu-Emergencies-One.jpeg]

You can also apply this hold to another. You can do it with arms crossed or not. I personally like crossing my arms, but experiment with which way feels more comfortable and effective for you.

We have 26 energy sites on the right and left sides of the body which are mirror images of each other. Of the 26 ‘energy sites’ or Safety Energy Locks located on the body this is number One and is called The Prime Mover.

The Ones move the energy

The ‘Ones’ are located on the insides of the knees, and are helpful in emergencies because they MOVE THE ENERGY DOWN, and assist in keeping it moving, connecting our head with our toes and vice versa.

I have used the Ones in the few acute situations that I have experienced over the years, and it took a few minutes for the pain and discomfort to subside, but I held on, and I have never had recurrences.

Messages In This Thread
A Self Help Hold for Emergencies - by superadmin - 02-28-2021, 10:09 AM