Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racial rhetoric the acknowledgment of dismal failure of Tun M
Mahathir and his myths
[Image: a-kathirasen-new-latest-290821-1.jpg]
Quote:How can Malay dominance be under threat when all government institutions are headed by Malays? The majority of Cabinet members are Malay, the majority of parliamentarians are Malay and the overwhelming majority of policemen and soldiers are Malay. Also, about 90% of civil servants are Malay, so how can the non-Malays be a threat to the Malays? It just does not make sense to say the Malays have been left behind.

Dr Mahathir Mohamad has not ceased harping on race, and in the process creating suspicion or fear in the minds of Malays that their dominance of national life is under threat.

A lesser man would likely have been probed for uttering words that could be deemed divisive in multiracial Malaysia.

On March 1, for instance, Mahathir was reported as saying that Malays no longer dominated the economy and that they were taking a back seat in politics.

“That’s why before I die, I will work for my race,” he said at a press conference to explain why he was joining the Ibrahim Ali-led Putra party. He predicted a bleak future for Malaysia if Malays were not the dominant force.

He added: “Call me racist, but Malays are now left behind after giving way to the foreigners.”

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racial rhetoric the acknowledgment of dismal failure of Tun M - by superadmin - 03-15-2023, 07:42 AM