Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening our eyes to see the potential of eco-tourism
[Image: 6391242F-82E7-4CFA-9C47-ACE52D961B2B.jpg]

ECO-tourism is not just closely interrelated between tourism players and natural sustainability, preserving and conserving natural resources, natural forests and watershed forests.

It is about the harmony and sensitivity between one’s soul, heart and mind with nature and its Creator.

Quoting TIES (The International Society Ecotourism Society), eco-tourism is defined as “responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment, sustains the well-being of the local people, and involves interpretation and education.”

Being a nature lover, I have invested heavily into eco-tourism, and setting up a number of eco-resorts, naming them after my children. I see the long-term potential of this industry.

Therefore, we need to preserve our rich heritage – the Malaysian rainforests which, according to CNN Travel, are estimated to be over 130 million years old when the dinosaurs were still roaming on the earth. Our tropical rainforests are known to the world to be even “older than their counterparts in the Amazon or the Congo.”

- More -

Messages In This Thread
Opening our eyes to see the potential of eco-tourism - by superadmin - 12-09-2022, 10:20 AM