Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAP closes door on cooperation with Bersatu, PAS
[Image: Lim-Guan-Eng-dan-Muhyiddin-Yassin-dan-Hadi-Awang.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: DAP has closed the door on cooperation with Bersatu and PAS, with its chairman, Lim Guan Eng, stating he does not trust the two parties’ leaders.

Lim also said he did not want to meet Bersatu president Muhyiddin Yassin to discuss any form of cooperation as the former prime minister was one of the masterminds behind the Sheraton Move, which led to Pakatan Harapan losing federal power 22 months after winning the 14th general election.

“I won’t agree if he wants to meet. We were stabbed in the back, and we shouldn’t be fooled again,” Lim told Utusan Malaysia.

“It’s all right if we chat in Parliament, but to discuss working together, I don’t agree. I won’t accept it, the door is closed.”

Lim also claimed that Muhyiddin, when he was home minister during the PH government, “sabotaged” DAP by claiming its members were linked to the defunct Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), which Muhyiddin listed as a terrorist organisation.

DAP assemblymen P Gunasekaran and G Saminathan and 10 others were charged in October 2019 over alleged links to the Sri Lankan militant group. However, in February 2020, then-attorney-general Tommy Thomas exercised his powers as public prosecutor to discontinue proceedings against the 12.

“It was our own people or the deep state which betrayed us. Why did Muhyiddin say our people were linked to LTTE when the group didn’t even exist then?” said Lim.

The Bagan MP also said DAP does not trust PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang because he is always evasive and does not keep his word.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
DAP closes door on cooperation with Bersatu, PAS - by superadmin - 04-18-2022, 09:21 AM