Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect Sapura from bankruptcy, Najib urges govt
‘Anytime’: Anwar accepts Najib’s challenge to debate

[Image: 01102020-KUL-anwar_ibrahim_-_pool_1.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysians could soon witness a mouth-watering debate featuring two of the country’s most popular politicians – Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and Datuk Seri Najib Razak – if things go as planned.

In a Facebook post, Anwar, who is parliamentary opposition leader and PKR president, said he accepts the challenge from Najib, the Umno MP for Pekan, to a debate involving the financially-troubled Sapura Energy Bhd.

“My stand is clear and unwavering for over 10 years, where I have thrown similar challenges at him (Najib) but (they) were not responded to,” Anwar said.

“He is now choosing to challenge me in the month of Ramadan after failing to respond to a rebuttal by my (party) colleague Rafizi Ramli on Sapura’s ‘bailout’ crisis at a time when the welfare of the poor and small businesses is not protected.

“I am ready to face and debate Najib anytime, for the sake of the country and the people,” he added in a statement.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protect Sapura from bankruptcy, Najib urges govt - by superadmin - 04-04-2022, 01:35 PM