Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1MDB trial: Leissner reveals affair with ex-Astro CEO Rohana Rozhan
1MDB trial: Leissner reveals affair with ex-Astro CEO Rohana Rozhan, buys her silence with US$10mil home

[Image: 20220223_rohana_rozhan_Nikkei_Asian_Review_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Former Goldman Sachs banker Tim Leissner’s testimony in the 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) trial in the United States turned salacious after he revealed having an affair with Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd former CEO Rohana Rozhan and the S$10 million (RM31.1 million) home he gifted her.

He alleged that he bought her a US$10 million (RM41.85 million) home in London in 2013 after she had threatened to expose his involvement with 1MDB and that the relationship was from 2003 to 2013, reported Bloomberg.

“Ms Rozhan was very upset that I was ending our relationship to be with my future wife, with Kimora,” Leissner was quoted as telling the jury, referring to his wife Kimora Lee Simmons.

“If I didn’t buy her a house, she would tell the authorities about my involvement in the 1MDB scandal. She was threatening to expose me. At the time, 2013, I was very fearful of that.”

- More -

Messages In This Thread
1MDB trial: Leissner reveals affair with ex-Astro CEO Rohana Rozhan - by superadmin - 02-23-2022, 01:55 PM