Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open letter to my PM – Yusuf Hashim
YOURSAY | Yusuf Hashim, you’re right about our racial policies

[Image: 982e78f8779ade3ec172900cf4fe2b1e.jpg=s800]

Patriot Marhaen: Yusuf Hashim, your words are meant not just for the prime minister but as a reminder for all Malays, including myself.

A policy of discrimination on the premise that people still need help, after decades of aid, has its limits. Poverty, sickness and hunger, like natural disasters, do not choose their victims.

Remember, people who are insulted, abused and suppressed cannot be blamed if they act to preserve their culture, race and religion. This is the right of every citizen in a democracy.
Our ailing nation needs urgent attention before it reaches a point of no return. Let us choose what is good and discard what is bad. God willing, we will rehabilitate and rebuild our ailing beloved Malaysia together.

Let’s return to the glorious days when we sang Negaraku with great pride, a lump in our throat and tears in our eyes.

The Wakandan: Our national standard can only be as good as the people who are placed there to execute it. Korea, Singapore and Taiwan achieved sublime standards because they placed the correct people in the correct places.

Some countries may not have the talents to carry out certain responsibilities, so they source from outside their countries, like the UAE. There is no shame to admit it if we lack the expertise.

Malaysia became stagnant and lagged behind because we used substandard people to carry out important jobs, which could not be compromised. This is a result of race-based affirmative action rather than merit-based policies.

We are reaping what we sowed. Years of pretending “Malaysia Boleh” has destroyed us.

Former Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s view of other races caused all of us to stagnate, his Vision 2020 unachieved, and we lagged behind so far that Indonesia and Vietnam have begun to overtake us.

We did not produce any LG, Samsung, Hyundai or Huawei, things which we could possibly do but couldn’t because of our government policies of jealousy and selfishness.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: An open letter to my PM – Yusuf Hashim - by superadmin - 02-12-2022, 10:46 AM