Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court of Appeal rejects Putrajaya’s stay of execution against Family Frontiers
#ManaDokumenKami: M’sian mum makes plea for citizenship papers of child born overseas

[Image: Putrajaya_National_Registration_Departme...ia_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Yet another tale of a Malaysian mother struggling to obtain citizenship papers for her child born overseas has surfaced, with apparently no answers from the National Registration Department (NRD) for the past six years.

Alison Wee, through a video posted on the Family Frontiers’ (FF) Facebook page, pressed on the NRD for answers as to why her daughter, now aged six and whose identity is being withheld, is still not recognised as a Malaysian.

The mother, through the video, claimed that she had gone to register the birth of her child at the Malaysian consulate-general in Naning, China, where she was working as a lecturer and researcher.

“That was submitted in 2016, and now it’s 2022, and she still hasn’t gotten her Malaysian citizenship yet.

“I was in China because I was teaching at a university and was doing good research, and I thought I was making my country proud,” Wee said in the video.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Court of Appeal rejects Putrajaya’s stay of execution against Family Frontiers - by superadmin - 05-24-2022, 08:56 AM