Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zafrul confirms cabinet discussion after Dr M queries RM100m housing for Najib
Najib slams door on RM100 mil gift, no chance of use as political fodder

MELAKA – After being on the receiving end of public brickbats over his application for a plot of land and house with an estimated value of RM100 million, former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has decided today not to take up the offer.

Speaking at a press conference, the Barisan Nasional adviser said he did not want the matter to be an issue played up by opponents in the Melaka election.

In the same regard, he said, he understood the government’s focus today should prioritise assisting the rakyat.

“As such, I have decided to reject the offer (of the plot of land), although in principle, it is entitled to all former prime ministers.

“And since this issue has caused uneasiness among various quarters, I also propose that the government relook at this allocation, and if required, cancel the offer for all future ex-prime ministers, including those after me.

“But of course for those who have already received it, the government need not withdraw the allocation.” – The Vibes, November 19, 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zafrul confirms cabinet discussion after Dr M queries RM100m housing for Najib - by superadmin - 11-19-2021, 05:42 PM