Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zafrul confirms cabinet discussion after Dr M queries RM100m housing for Najib
I only asked for my entitlement as ex-PM, says Najib

[Image: najib-razak-bernama-181121-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Najib Razak has responded to the uproar surrounding news that he has applied for a plot of land and a house in Kuala Lumpur allegedly worth RM100 million, stating that such benefits were accorded to him as a former prime minister.

“My office only asked to be given a residence after GE14 as allowed in the amended act (Members of Parliament (Remuneration) Act),” said Najib in a Facebook post.

“The government gave me three plots of land to choose from, so I chose one.

“I did not ask for a RM100 million gift from the government, but housing is given to all former prime ministers,” he said.

Najib said the RM100 million value was given by a pro-Perikatan Nasional news portal, claiming that the story on his application for a house was released to coincide with the Melaka state election.

“This is even though my application was made in 2018 after GE14,” he said.

Finance minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz confirmed today that Putrajaya had received an application from Najib for a property said to be located at Bukit Petaling, sparking pandemonium in the Dewan Rakyat.

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zafrul confirms cabinet discussion after Dr M queries RM100m housing for Najib - by superadmin - 11-18-2021, 09:08 PM