Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 reasons why DAP is alive and kicking despite the odds
Democracy alive due to DAP but party has lost support

[Image: Lim-Kit-Siang-and-Karpal-Singh.jpg]

From Lim Teck Ghee

In a speech on the occasion of the launching ceremony of the book Lost in Transition: Malaysia Under Abdullah on April 3, 2008, I told the audience the following:

“I want to end with an important point in this analysis of what is possibly a turning point in politics in the country. Much has been written about the political leadership role of Anwar (Ibrahim) in this election – how he has played a key part in bringing DAP, PAS and PKR together to challenge the political hegemony of BN and Umno and galvanising the electoral vote for the opposition. This is true, and an important part of how future political events will unfold will depend on Anwar’s leadership. However, as a scholar looking at the longer-term ebb and flow of politics in the country – at this moment when many are celebrating a breakthrough in our political system – I wish to pay tribute to Lim Kit Siang who has been an indomitable fighter for democracy, justice and good governance.”

- More -

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 reasons why DAP is alive and kicking despite the odds - by superadmin - 10-01-2021, 09:41 AM