Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is reincarnation real?
You’re going to die.

So am I, as we all are.

We rarely, if ever, give much thought to what happens once our body goes limp and cold – after rigor mortis sets in and there’s as much activity in our body as there is in a rock or Eminem’s face.

The scientific establishment’s sanitised, sterilised, safe-for-public-consumption answer is that nothing happens. Richard Dawkins, the high priest of the physicalist worldview, calls us “lumbering robots”. By that logic, at death, we are “lumbering robots” who have simply stopped lumbering.

We are told that our body’s sudden state of disrepair at death means we cease existing and start on the slow process of decay and disintegration till our bodies turn into nothing but dust and fertiliser.

Death, we have been led to believe, is irrevocable. And final.

Mainstream science dismisses any belief in reincarnation, despite the fact that throughout the ages there have always been groups of people, even civilisations, which have believed in it.

But now, the highly credentialled researchers at the University of Virginia’s Division of Perceptual Studies (DOPS) are uncovering evidence that reincarnation is not pure balderdash.

Founded by the late Dr Ian Stevenson in 1967, it is one of the exceedingly few mainstream universities which study paranormal phenomena such as reincarnation, near-death experiences, and altered states of consciousness.

The fact that he managed to set up an entire department at a respected institution like the University of Virginia devoted entirely to what’s considered by mainstream science as woo-woo or pseudoscience – something that’s often choked out by the stifling straightjacket of the scientific establishment – speaks volumes about how compelling his cases were. They simply couldn’t be ignored.

One of the most eerily scintillating cases to date was one that his protege, Dr Jim Tucker, also from the University of Virginia, was alerted to in 2009.

From the tender age of four, Ryan Hammons of Oklahoma would cry and beg his mum to be taken to Hollywood, California, where he insisted he used to live. Perplexed and perturbed by his frequent paroxysms, his mum picked up some books about Hollywood to help her son process his inexplicable angst.

While they were riffling through one of them, a picture from the 1932 movie Night After Night caught Ryan’s attention and while pointing at a person standing on the periphery of it, he animatedly exclaimed: “That’s me! I found me!” He was pointing to a man who was an uncredited extra with no lines in the movie.

Realising it was about time she got professional help, his mother contacted Tucker and together they got in touch with a Hollywood archivist to uncover the name and identity of this mystery man Ryan was claiming to have been in a previous life.

- Continue reading -

Messages In This Thread
Is reincarnation real? - by superadmin - 10-21-2020, 01:33 PM