Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myvi jerking on Slope/Hill climbing at high speed
my wife's myvi 1.3ezi 2007 encountering engine jerking at fast speed above 70km/h especially on slope climbing but no jerking if in slow speed or in low gear..

any advice guys.
thanks in advance

token of appreciation
(01-27-2021, 09:29 AM)hanhan Wrote: my wife's myvi 1.3ezi 2007 encountering engine jerking at fast speed above 70km/h especially on slope climbing but no jerking if in slow speed or in low gear..

any advice guys.
thanks in advance

token of appreciation

could be due to dirty fuel injectors...
(01-27-2021, 05:21 PM)onikka Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 09:29 AM)hanhan Wrote: my wife's myvi 1.3ezi 2007 encountering engine jerking at fast speed above 70km/h especially on slope climbing but no jerking if in slow speed or in low gear..

any advice guys.
thanks in advance

token of appreciation

could be due to dirty fuel injectors...

I agree with @onikka
Dirty fuel injectors are among the most common reasons for why an accelerator becomes jerky. The dirty injector leads to your car losing power when you attempt to accelerate while at a stop and when you try to drive at a consistent speed. This is the result of an engine misfire. 
There could have been blockages too...that is preventing your car from receiving the fuel it needs to accelerate. Air mixes with fuel to create a spray that powers your engine. If anything interrupts this, your car might struggle to accelerate
could be because of worn out spark plugs too. Your spark plugs might be worn out and unable to properly ignite the fuel in the piston fast enough. This can lead to your car not accelerating as quickly. Fortunately, spark plugs are not expensive to repair and replace...haha
Above are all the possibilities as to why your engine jerks. I heard that Petronas most recent petrol has got 100 times cleaning power to deliver perfect cleanliness. Maybe your wife can try to pump this petrol to see if it helps.
I have experienced the same problem. First of all, replaced the spark plugs and everything will be OK again. But u need send ur car to workshop to check the main problem.
(01-30-2021, 11:38 AM)ck118 Wrote: I have experienced the same problem. First of all, replaced the spark plugs and everything will be OK again.  But u need send ur car to workshop to check the main problem.

yea, of course. First need to send to the workshop for inspection then do necessary repairs. After that, find a good solution to maintain the condition of your car fuel system in the long run so that lesser and lesser of such things to happen in the future.
(01-30-2021, 10:57 PM)onikka Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:38 AM)ck118 Wrote: I have experienced the same problem. First of all, replaced the spark plugs and everything will be OK again.  But u need send ur car to workshop to check the main problem.

yea, of course. First need to send to the workshop for inspection then do necessary repairs. After that, find a good solution to maintain the condition of your car fuel system in the long run so that lesser and lesser of such things to happen in the future.

then Petronas Primax 97 with Pro-Race is the perfect solution to your problem.