Ipoh Community Forums
Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - Printable Version

+- Ipoh Community Forums (https://forums.ipoh.com.my)
+-- Forum: News and Current Affairs (https://forums.ipoh.com.my/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Local News (https://forums.ipoh.com.my/forum-12.html)
+---- Forum: Politics (https://forums.ipoh.com.my/forum-50.html)
+---- Thread: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt (/thread-7052.html)

Pages: 1 2

Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-04-2022

[Image: ISHAM-JALIL-MKT-UMNO-17.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Umno Supreme Council member Isham Jalil has called for a royal commission of inquiry (RCI) to probe the apparent expenditure of RM600 billion by former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin’s administration.

He said this was necessary as the people deserve to know how Perikatan Nasional (PN) funded its election campaign for the general election (GE15).

Isham added that an RCI was necessary to investigate in detail how such a huge amount of money was spent since the expenditure was done during the emergency period and Parliament was not able to provide a check and balance having been suspended at the time.

“We saw that they (PN) spent a lot of money for GE15. Therefore, people want to know the source of all that money.

“Was the money from the taxpayers’ RM600 billion? This should not be happening,” Isham told FMT.

- More -

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-05-2022

No fear of probe on RM530bil spent by PN govt, says Muhyiddin
[Image: muhyiddin-251122.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin does not fear being investigated over the RM530 billion spent by his Perikatan Nasional (PN)-led administration when it was in power.

He insisted that he had not misappropriated any of the funds when he was in the top post, dismissing claims that there were leakages in the government’s expenditure.

He ridiculed the RM600 billion figure being thrown around by those in the government, saying he believed they were referring to the eight stimulus packages worth RM530 billion unveiled by him when PN was in government.

“Of this RM530 billion, the majority of it was non-fiscal, meaning that it did not involve government expenditure,” he said in a Facebook post.

- More -

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-05-2022

MoF officials confirm serious procedure breach by Muhyiddin’s govt on RM600 bil fund
[Image: 20112022_-_Muhyiddin_Yassin_during_Bersa...IS_-03.jpg]

PUTRAJAYA – Officials from the Finance Ministry have confirmed that there were serious breaches of procedure regarding the alleged RM600 billion misappropriation of government funds under former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin’s rule, said Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

Speaking to the press after his first cabinet meeting today, the newly minted prime minister explained that he has now handed over the investigation to the relevant authorities.

“We have not raised or discuss it (a royal commission of inquiry to investigate the matter) with the cabinet. I leave it to our friends and the cabinet to decide on the matter, but what I do know is that there were a few serious breaches of procedure.

“There were excessive procurements and when it was approved, the markup was too high, and it went to certain parties, seeing that they had so much money to spend (during elections),” said Anwar. – The Vibes, December 5, 2022

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-06-2022

Ask Tengku Zafrul on RM530bil spent by PN govt, Muhyiddin tells Anwar
[Image: muhyiddin-yassin-bernama-061222.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Muhyiddin Yassin has told Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim to ask Tengku Zafrul Aziz whether there was any misappropriation of funds in the RM530 billion spent by the PN-led government.

The Perikatan Nasional chairman pointed out that Tengku Zafrul, who was given the finance portfolio in his administration, is the international trade and industry minister in Anwar’s Cabinet.

“Just call Tengku Zafrul to come to your office in the morning, ask him whether it’s true Muhyiddin had taken the RM600 billion.

“They accuse me (of misappropriating) RM600 billion. But when I was the prime minister, we actually spent RM530 billion, not RM600 billion, to help the people.

- More -

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-06-2022

Don’t challenge me, PM tells Muhyiddin
[Image: anwar-ibrahim-pmo-061222.jpeg]

PUTRAJAYA: Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim has warned Muhyiddin Yassin not to challenge him to reveal the alleged misappropriation of government funds during the Perikatan Nasional-led administration.

At a press conference, Anwar maintained it was clear that there were processes and procedures that were not followed, adding that companies “involving families” were also involved.

Yesterday, the prime minister said he had been informed by Treasury officials that there was a serious violation of standard procedure in Putrajaya’s expenditure under Muhyiddin’s stewardship.

This included excessive procurements and high mark-ups.

Source: FMT

Probe on PN govt’s spending must be transparent, govt told
[Image: Mesyuarat-Kabinet-Muhyiddin-facebook.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Any investigation into the alleged misappropriation of billions of ringgit by the Perikatan Nasional-led government must be conducted transparently, says the Center to Combat Corruption & Cronyism (C4).

The anti-graft group said Putrajaya must provide details of the agency leading the investigation, and suggested that the Public Accounts Committee take the lead since it was a bipartisan institution accountable to Parliament.

- More -

RM600 bil govt fund scandal: Saifuddin to seek IGP’s view
[Image: 25042022-KUL-Datuk_Seri_Saifuddin_Nasuti...RAN-05.jpg]

PUTRAJAYA – Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said he would have a further discussion with Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani over the alleged misappropriation of RM600 billion in government funds by the previous government.

He said he would get the IGP’s views on the issue after Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim brought the matter up during his media conference yesterday.

“He also made a general statement yesterday and said he would leave it to an investigative body to handle the matter in detail specifically.

“Of course I will get views from the relevant investigative body…if it is related to police, it is within our jurisdiction.

- More -

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-07-2022

[Image: 20221207-Muhyiddin-Zafrul-Khairy-Vibes_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Zafrul Abdul Aziz is one of three prominent politicians expected to be called up by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to assist in the probe into the allegedly misappropriated RM600 billion government funds.

The other two are Perikatan Nasional chairman Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and former health minister Khairy Jamaluddin, said sources.

The probe relates to the alleged misappropriation of RM600 billion by the Muhyiddin government, especially when the country was facing the Covid-19 pandemic.

Zafrul was the finance minister during the Muhyiddin administration and continued in the same role in Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob’s government.

- More -

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-08-2022

Sany to bring proof on alleged RM600 bil govt funds misappropriation if summoned by MACC
[Image: 747beea33e7beaf7fc418062eadffaba.jpg]

AMANAH national mobility chief Mohd Sany Hamzan said he will bring evidence – including documents related to the alleged expenditure of RM600 bil by former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin – should he be summoned by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

According to the Taman Templer state assemblyman, his team is in the midst of collecting evidence of the serious breach of procedure and will hand over the evidence to the authorities for further action. 

“I have yet to be summoned by MACC after making a police report on Nov 30. I am ready to give full cooperation to the authorities. I will bring evidence that the serious breach of procedure did occur,” Sany told Berita Harian

Elaborating, he said that he has only asked for the authorities to investigate the allegations fairly and impartially. 

- More -

RE: Umno man calls for RCI on RM600bil spent by Muhyiddin’s govt - superadmin - 12-08-2022

[Image: Muhyiddin-Yassin-Disintegrate.jpg]

When Muhyiddin Yassin confronted Prime Minister Najib Razak over the infamous 1MDB scandal in 2015, he was sacked. However, the former deputy prime minister did not go against his boss because he was disgusted with the corruption and money laundering involving the 1Malaysia Development Bhd sovereign funds. Rather, power-hungry Muhyiddin saw an opportunity.

Muhyiddin saw the 1MDB scandal as his best chance to topple and subsequently replace his scandal-plagued boss. Make no mistake – he was as corrupt as Najib. After all, it was Muhyiddin as Agriculture Minister who approved the dubious RM250 million loan to Minister Shahrizat Jalil on Oct 27, 2006 on a project called NFC (National Feedlot Corporation) – popularly known as Cowgate Scandal.

- More -