Ipoh Community Forums
Flood of hate mail for woman who posted about Kedah MB - Printable Version

+- Ipoh Community Forums (https://forums.ipoh.com.my)
+-- Forum: News and Current Affairs (https://forums.ipoh.com.my/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Local News (https://forums.ipoh.com.my/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Flood of hate mail for woman who posted about Kedah MB (/thread-1740.html)

Flood of hate mail for woman who posted about Kedah MB - superadmin - 06-07-2021

[Image: Nini-Siron-1.jpg]

GEORGE TOWN: A woman who took photos of the Kedah menteri besar and his two aides in what appeared to be a test drive on Saturday said she has been under attack by supporters of the menteri besar, ranging from religious teachers to those with political links.

Nini Siron, 36, said personal details of her family had been circulated, including photos of her husband, her son and her sister spread widely by those accusing her of fabricating the incident.

She had posted an account of a man resembling menteri besar Sanusi Md Nor apparently on a test drive of a new car, an activity forbidden under lockdown rules.

An aide to Sanusi has since denied that such a test drive had taken place and said the entourage had merely stopped to take a look at a car Sanusi chanced upon while stopping to buy a takeaway on his way to Kuala Lumpur.

- More -

RE: Flood of hate mail for woman who posted about Kedah MB - superadmin - 06-07-2021

Support pours in for woman who exposed MB’s ‘test drive’

[Image: sanusi-test-drive.jpg]

GEORGE TOWN: Politicians and activists have thrown their support for a woman who blew the whistle over a purported MCO violation involving the Kedah menteri besar and his entourage during an apparent “test drive” over the weekend.

Housewife Nini Siron, 36, who lodged a police report over the apparent violation, has since been attacked online, with the pictures of her family and her son being spread online.

She had posted an account of a man resembling menteri besar Sanusi Md Nor apparently on a test drive of a new car, an activity forbidden under lockdown rules. The MB’s aide has since denied that such a test drive had taken place and said they had only looked at the car while stopping for a meal.

Activist Marina Mahathir said the attacks on Nini was an act of cowardice, as she was merely pointing out double standards.
- More -

RE: Flood of hate mail for woman who posted about Kedah MB - superadmin - 06-09-2021

Flooded with hate mail and threats, woman who reported Kedah MB’s Ford Raptor ‘test drive’ to police steps forward to explain why

[Image: mb_kedah_sanusi_27052020.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR, June 8 — The woman who sparked a police investigation into Kedah Mentri Besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor for allegedly test driving a Ford Raptor in Penang during total lockdown stepped up tonight to tell her side of the story.

Nini Siron shared on her Facebook page that she took photographs and reported the incident to the police as she thought it was her duty as a citizen after seeing someone acting in breach of Covid-19 rules.

Nini said she lives 9.6km or just six minutes away from the place of incident and confirmed that she had called the police at 6.30pm on the day of the incident to report an infringement of the movement control order (MCO) SOPs, adding that she had submitted a report with the police at 10pm.

“Please put aside who the person is. I’m only disputing the MCO breach, that’s all. This can be a general example — I see ‘customers’ and salespeople doing activities that are clearly not allowed.

- More -