Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Muhyiddin faces tough fight in Pagoh if multiple challengers show again in GE15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Muhyiddin faces tough fight in Pagoh if multiple challengers show again in GE15, says former ally Chin Tong

[Image: muhyiddin_cast_vote0905.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 28 — Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin will find his Pagoh parliamentary seat competitive should it turn into a multi-cornered contest in the next general election, Johor DAP chief Liew Chin Tong predicts.

The DAP strategist had fought on the same side as Muhyiddin to wrest control of the southern state — once regarded as an Umno fortress — in the run-up to the 14th general election in 2018.

Saying he has intimate knowledge of the area, Liew claimed that out of 65 per cent voters who are Malays in Pagoh, Muhyiddin did not have half from this group while his remaining support came from non-Malay voters who make up 36 per cent of the constituency’s electorate.

“I know the constituency quite well. I worked with him in 2018 as I am the DAP chairman of Johor.

- More -