Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Hadi wants a dominant role if PAS joins the unity government
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Hadi-Borneo-Post.jpg]

WHILE claiming that “certain people” had frequently sought him to join Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s unity government, PAS president Tan Sri Abdul Hadi Awang stated that PAS will only join a government where it has a dominant role.

It’s all about statistics for Hadi, which reminds us of Hadi’s famous ‘Jumlah sudah cukup’ (numbers are enough) remark on election night in November 2022.

The Perikatan Nasional (PN) deputy chairman made it clear that any offer to join the government should see PAS given a dominant role.

He said that of all parties in Parliament, PAS had the most parliamentary seats

- More -
PAS invited to join unity govt? Never heard of that: Rafizi
[Image: 08052023_-_PM_Anwar_Ibrahim_Rumah_Terbuk...IF_001.JPG]

ISKANDAR PUTERI – PKR deputy president Rafizi Ramli today denied PAS president Tan Sri Abdul Hadi Awang’s claim that PKR had offered the party to join the unity government.

Rafizi, who is also Pandan MP, said he had never heard of such an invitation despite being directly involved in the formation of the government after the 15th general election.

“I have never heard (about PAS being offered to join the unity government).

“I am one of the three individuals in PKR who negotiated on the formation of the unity government. The other two were (PKR president) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and (PKR secretary-general) Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

- More -

What was Hadi smoking when he claimed PAS was offered a chance to join Anwar’s unity government?
[Image: Hadi-Main-1536x1024.jpg]

PAS president Tan Sri Hadi Awang has been challenged by an UMNO supreme council member to reveal the identity of the individual who offered his party the chance to join the unity government.

I will not be surprised if Hadi is unable to reveal the identity of the individual because this person does not exist in the same way that Hadi has been unable to substantiate the numerous wild and preposterous allegations he has made against the DAP and me.

Hadi has accused DAP and me of promoting Islamophobia. If so, Hadi had been remiss in his previous duties as Special Envoy to the Middle East to two former prime ministers (PM) when he failed to lodge a report to the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) Islamophobia Observatory.

Furthermore, he has compounded his dereliction of duty as a MP by failing to raise the matter in Parliament because it is completely unacceptable that Islamophobia is allowed in any one of the 57 OIC countries.

PKR deputy president Rafizi Ramli has denied Hadi’s claim that PKR had offered the party to join the government. The Pandan MP said he had never heard of such an invitation despite being directly involved in the formation of the government after the 15th General Election (GE15).

- More -
Kit Siang ‘concedes defeat’ to Hadi who can’t distinguish between personal opinion and DAP’s official stance
[Image: Hadi-Awang-Reading-1536x1024.jpg]

OBVIOUSLY, what I have tried to do in the last 14 months was a failure as PAS president Tan Sri Hadi Awang believed my suggestion for PAS to join Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s unity government was an official proposal and not my personal unofficial view.

PAS information chief Khairil Nizam Khirudin said that “it was in fact DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang who had the overture” that PAS joins the Anwar unity government.

Khairil is wrong. I am not the DAP adviser. In response to PAS deputy president Datuk Seri Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man on May 18, I have said:

“Firstly, let me clarify that the proposal for co-operation between the Anwar unity government and PAS to resolve the 60-year water problem and the lack of development in Kelantan, Terengganu, and Kedah is my personal idea and not that of DAP as I have not discussed it with the DAP secretary-general Anthony Loke Siew Fook or any other DAP leaders.

“In fact, this is why I declined Anthony Loke’s proposal to appoint me as a DAP mentor as I want to be able to give my personal views and ideas on the current political situation – national and international – without committing the DAP.

- More -
“Labelling Kit Siang as anti-Islam is akin to calling Saudi Arabia anti-Islam”
[Image: Hadi-UMNO.jpg]

I THANK all for their views as to what I should do after my retirement from frontline DAP leadership.

I may be anti-Hadi unless the PAS president Tan Sri Hadi Awang changes his ways but to call me anti-Islam and promoting Islamophobia is like calling Saudi Arabia anti-Islam and promoting Islamophobia for banning him and describing him akin to a terrorist.

I still remember Hadi slamming Saudi Arabia five years ago as among the Gulf states like Egypt, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain for believing more in Zionists than in Allah and Islam when the quartet of Gulf States added the International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) to its terror list.

I do not regard Hadi as a terrorist but he seems to suffer from intellectual inadequacies if he regarded my suggestion that PAS should join Prime Minister (PM) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s unity government as not a personal view but an official invitation from the DAP or that from the Anwar unity government itself.

- More -