Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Are three Umno bigwigs among those on chopping block?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 20230113-_PAU_2022_UMNO_at_WTC_on_jan_11...HMAN_1.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – At least three embattled senior Umno leaders are facing the possibility of sacking by the party, with their future in the political outfit likely to be made known later today.

According to sources familiar with the matter, the trio is among a long list of Umno members whose names have been mentioned by the party’s disciplinary board for stern action.

However, the Supreme Council, which will meet at the party’s headquarters tonight, will have the final say on the matter.

One source, who spoke to The Vibes on strict condition of anonymity, said the recommendation by the disciplinary board is based on the outward conduct of these individuals that threatened to tarnish the party’s image.

“Many will be sacked, including three high-profile names,” he said last night.

His statement came on the back of Umno president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi’s remark that the Supreme Council will determine the fate of former youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin.

Zahid, who is deputy prime minister, also confirmed that disciplinary action will not be exclusive to Khairy, noting that a massive purge can instead be expected.

- More -
I’m not surprised if Umno suspends, sacks me: Khairy
[Image: 12112022_-_Khairy_Jamaluddin_berkempen_d...IS_-05.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – Although he has not heard from the Umno disciplinary board, Khairy Jamaluddin would not be surprised if he is handed a membership suspension or a sacking.

He said this is because several leaders were not given the chance to previously defend themselves and had their membership suspended by the Supreme Council.

He told Utusan Malaysia that the disciplinary board has yet to issue any letter or calls summoning him to provide a statement or why action should be taken against him.

“On disciplinary issues, it has to be handled by the disciplinary board. But the Supreme Council has made many unilateral decisions, without referring to the disciplinary board.

“For example, Datuk Seri Tajuddin Abdul Rahman, Alor Star Umno chief. I won’t be surprised if they don’t refer me to the board,” he was quoted as saying.

- More -
Umno sacks Khairy, suspends Hishammuddin for six years
[Image: 20220927-kul-khairy_jamaluddin_and_hisha..._latif.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – Former Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin has been given the boot from the party as part of an internal purge, ending weeks of speculation about his fate.

Another high-profile member, Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, who once served as the party vice-president, has been given a six-year suspension.

Khairy confirmed his sacking in a tweet, saying, “Tonight I was sacked by the party I love, that I was always loyal to. Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.”

- More -
Sacking, suspensions done illegally, says Ismail
[Image: Ismail-Sabri-Yaakob-PAU22-UMNO-4.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Umno vice-president Ismail Sabri Yaakob has expressed his disapproval over the decision to sack and suspend several party leaders.

“I do not agree with the decision on dismissal and suspension,” Ismail said in an Instagram post. “It was not made in compliance with the legal process, and contrary to the principle of ‘natural justice’ and the right to defend oneself.

“I was informed by the disciplinary committee that they did not advise the president on the action he took.

“They only informed (Zahid) that there was a report against those accused.”

- More -
Khairy has few options except to join PN to further his political career
[Image: KJ-The-Star.jpg]

FORMER health minister Khairy Jamaluddin who was sacked by UMNO a few days back is now in a dilemma about his political future.

He has stated that he is not going to appeal against his dismissal. He has also commented about his plans of standing for the state assembly elections in Selangor, which he now calls home after his exit from Rembau, Negri Sembilan.

He has rightly stated that Selangor, the most populous, developed and resourceful state in the country is the epicentre of national politics.

His electoral foray in the Sungai Buloh parliamentary seat has made him realise the importance of Selangor, which he intends to use as the launchpad for his political ambition in  aspiring to be a future prime minister of the country.

Without a party Khairy will be helpless and will not be able to do well in the impending Selangor state election, which is expected to be held after Hari Raya Aidilfitri.

- More -