Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Umno sacks Zahid critic for violating party ethics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Zaharin-Mohd-Yasin-fb-2.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Zaharin Mohd Yasin has been sacked from Umno. Party secretary-general Ahmad Maslan said Zaharin’s membership was terminated with immediate effect for violating the party’s ethics.

Ahmad did not go into details.

However Zaharin, a former secretary of Bandar Tun Razak Umno, is known to be very critical of party president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi on social media.

In an immediate response Zaharin played down his sacking in a short Facebook post.

“I am 70. (I have been) sacked. I’m not affected. I am free.”

- More -
My suspension from Umno a signal to Ismail Sabri: Alor Star division chief
[Image: Mohd_Yusof_Ismail_-_Dato_Yusof_Ismail_FB.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Suspended Umno Alor Star division chief Datuk Mohd Yusof Ismail says the action taken against him could be a warning to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob if he fails to dissolve Parliament immediately.

Speaking to media in Alor Star, Kedah over news of his suspension from the party, Yusof said he has yet to receive any official notice of his suspension for six years for criticising party president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

“Till now, I’ve not been officially informed about my six-year suspension. I only heard it from several friends in the Umno Supreme Council.

“I believe this is also a signal to the prime minister that if the Dewan (Rakyat) is not dissolved immediately, he, too, may be suspended like me.

- More -