Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Muslim vet hopes to foster better appreciation of dogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: black-dog_pommie.jpg]

SHAH ALAM: Dr Salehatul Khuzaimah Mohamad Ali is a veterinarian on a mission. She wants to foster better understanding about dogs and promote kindness to all animals, dogs included, no matter what one’s religion or beliefs may be.

“Certain people feel uncomfortable that I am a Muslim vet who treats dogs,” she told FMT recently, adding that many have told her to refuse treating dogs at her clinic as touching them was “haram”.

Khuzaimah, who founded Serv-U Veterinary Clinic & Surgery, attributed these reactions to a lack of knowledge about the status of dogs in religion. “Bear in mind that these are also lives created by Allah SWT and you have to respect them.”

- More -
As someone who comes from a Muslim family and loves pets, I admire this woman. I don’t understand why the religion deems dogs haram. They’re not dirty animals. We never owned dogs, but every creature deserves medical care. A friend of mine, also a Muslim, wants to become a veterinary assistant. Her parents told her it was her choice, but it's against her religion. She loves animals and wants to offer high-quality medical care services, as there aren’t any veterinary clinics in the area we live in. She plans to enroll in https://www.veterinaryschoolsu.com/ next year, and I hope she’ll be able to fulfill her dreams.