Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: I never lie: Muhyiddin says no need for ‘sumpah laknat’ unlike Zahid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: muhyiddin_yassin_afp_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Bersatu president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin does not see any need to take a religious oath over his claims that Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi had sought help over his court cases. 

This comes after the Umno president threw a challenge to his political rival to take up a “sumpah laknat” to back his allegations.

In a press conference today, Muhyiddin said he would not resort to such an action, as he has never lied.

He maintained that his claims against Zahid were nothing but the truth.

“What I said may be bitter to the ears, but that is the truth. They were not made up just because of politics or the election,” he said today after chairing the National Recovery Council meeting.

“Whatever the situation is now, I will only speak the truth, and I hope the rakyat understands.”

On February 16, Muhyiddin had claimed during a ceramah in Tangkah, Johor that Zahid had met him to seek intervention in his ongoing court cases in the earlier days of the Pagoh MP’s premiership.

- More -
Zahid files defamation suit against Muhyiddin over trial intervention claims

[Image: datuk_seri_dr_ahmad_zahid_hamidi_by_zahi...rY7ufwbiKy]

KUALA LUMPUR (April 5): A spat between former deputy prime minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin over claims the former had sought help from the latter when he was premier to intervene in criminal proceedings against him will now continue in court.

Ahmad Zahid, who is also UMNO president, on Monday (April 4) filed a defamation suit against Muhyiddin, who is president of Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia.

The suit filed by Messrs Shahrul Hamidi & Haziq was sighted by theedgemarkets.com in a file search.

- More -
Zahid’s application for injunction against Muhyiddin to be heard on April 27

[Image: Muhyiddin-Yassin-zahid-hamidi-fb-2.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court will hear on April 27 Ahmad Zahid Hamidi’s injunction application to restrain Muhyiddin Yassin or his agents from repeating alleged defamatory words on social media platforms that the Umno president sought the former prime minister’s assistance to drop his corruption cases.

Zahid’s lawyer, Shahrul Fazli Kamarulzaman, said he briefed judge Rozana Ali Yusoff about the development of the suit filed on Monday.

- More -