Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Name and shame corrupt politicians in school textbooks: Khairil Nizam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 20220202-Khairil_Nizam_PAS-Screen_grab_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – The names of corrupt politicians and the tales of their crimes should be published in school textbooks as a lesson for all, proposed a PAS leader.

Party information chief Khairil Nizam Khirudin said it frightens him seeing leaders getting involved in politics merely to make easy money, and that sharing these stories in schools could serve as a lesson to students from an early age.

The Dewan Negara senator recalled speaking at an anti-graft forum where he was the only member of a political party who took up the invitation, and where he first mooted the idea.

“The (moderator) had said that I was brave to accept the invitation (to attend an anti-corruption forum). I said: why should I be afraid when I am not involved in graft?

“This (question arose) because many people believe politicians like bribes,” he said in a podcast on HarakahTV.

- More -