Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: On this Chinese New Year, I would like to apologise – Yusuf Hashim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 20220110-Penang_Queensbay_Mall_Bayan_Lep...ma_pic.jpg]

MY HEART bleeds for my non-Malay fellow Malaysians. I seek forgiveness from non-Malays for the apartheid mentality of some Malays. 

I cannot change the colour of my skin, and nor do I have the power to change the mentality of many Malays.

But I feel for you, and can only assure you that there is still a core of fair-minded Malays who believe deeply in meritocracy, integrity, morality, honesty, honour, fairness, social democracy and righteousness.

We are quite a large number, and I truly believe the numbers of fair-minded Malays are increasing.

I put the blame for the sad state of our current situation squarely upon the shoulders of the hypocrite and corrupt politicians, who have long used race and religion as political bait. 
Until they stop, I cannot see the situation improving significantly. Nor do I see the frustrations of non-Malay Malaysians abating anytime soon.

I know many of you will want to give up, and migrate.

But I urge you to stay, and help moderate Malays to make change happen. Let us remember the names of all the scoundrel politicians who betrayed our mandate in the last general election, who are currently having a field day raping the coffers of our country.

Remember them and in the next state and general elections, let us turn out in full force and throw them out. We did it in GE14, and we will do it again in GE15. Let us pool all our votes, come out, and vote out these despicable politicians.

And all the young voters who can now vote arising from the Undi 18 law, please don’t make the mistake of not voting. Come out and vote, and make your vote count.

It is the greatest mistake you will make if you let your angst and exasperation lead to you not exercising your hard won right to vote.

If you do not come out to vote, you might well have your worst nightmare as your next prime minister.

I have a prayer. I pray that there will one day rise a truly honourable Malaysian leader, and a truly multiracial party that will enact a law to make race and religious baiting illegal under whatever legal system that we may have left.

I am so sorry and I pray the Year of the Tiger will bring about the changes we are all praying for. – The Vibes, February 4, 2022

Taken with permission from Yusuf Hashim’s Facebook posting on February 2, 2022