Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Is it 2022 already? Where did two years go?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ADZHAR-IBRAHIM.jpg]
Happy New Year everybody! 2019 was such a great year, and I hope 2020 will be just as great too. What? Last year wasn’t 2019? We’ve had 2020 and even 2021 since then? Really?

Nobody told me. I can’t believe we’ve had two full years since then. Where do I complain and how do I get a refund?

Seemed like it was only yesterday that I spent the end of 2019 in Sri Lanka with my family. I was so looking forward to the new year – I was planning a long road trip with some friends that would take three months or maybe even longer.

I was also looking forward to my first full year of retirement, figuring out what to do when I’m at home (though I wasn’t planning to be home much). I was looking forward to spending my retirement savings and hoping I would run out first before the savings did!

And then Covid-19 happened. It started as a distant rumble in far off China, then it got closer and then wham! The world closed down.

Then followed scary days watching the virus explode while also watching my savings evaporate. While smart minds jumped into the economic bloodbath and picked up bargains, I battened down the hatches and held my breath.

I wasn’t worried about the virus itself. I was mostly at home, and home is actually quite pleasant. Credit it to an inspired decision to live in the middle of nowhere where modest sums can buy lots of land and space.

- More -