Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Nicol David eyes showcasing Penang globally as state’s new tourism ambassador
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ppgamb2.jpg]

GEORGE TOWN – Retired squash queen Datuk Nicol David has decided to emulate her Penang hometown luminary Datuk Lee Chong Wei by becoming a tourism ambassador.

While Chong Wei, who grew up in Bukit Mertajam, decided to help Sabah, Nicol has returned to Penang to become the state’s tourism ambassador for 2022.

The duo’s presence is expected to further boost tourism, especially with the key economic sector having just emerged from months of lockdowns due to Covid-19.

Nicol, 37, told journalists here that she was grateful to be appointed as the Penang Tourism Ambassador, as it would enable her to showcase her hometown globally.

“This is such a huge honour for me because Penang is home to me. This is where I belong and where I grew up.

“Penang has so much to offer; the food (of course), the heritage and the beautiful nature. It has been a dream of mine to contribute back to my state in some way,” she said at a ceremony to mark her appointment yesterday.

- More -