Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Maintaining zero-COVID policy is expensive, but abandoning it will be more costlly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maintaining zero-COVID policy is expensive, but abandoning it will lead to more costly consequences

[Image: 844d41cc-54f6-4bb4-95e2-f2524774f4b6.jpeg]

I have read in several WeChat groups that some are strongly urging China to abandon the dynamic zero-COVID policy and open up as most countries in the world do or plan to do. They assert that since China's dynamic zero-case route will not last long, it will isolate China from the world. It will also lead to the opposition at home.

I disagree with them. I would also like to question their judgment of the Chinese public's attitude toward the country's COVID-19 policy. Most people I have met support China's dynamic zero-case policy. All the dissatisfaction is directed at specific measures, not at the route itself.

The dynamic zero-case policy is indeed costly. But if we completely open up the border and stop the epidemiological investigation and tracking down cases as the US does, the consequences will be utterly unimaginable. 

- More -