Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: We don’t recommend Ivermectin to treat Covid-19, says health DG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Reuters_Ivermectin-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: The health ministry does not recommend using Ivermectin to treat Covid-19 patients, following its Ivermectin treatment effectiveness test on high-risk Covid-19 patients (I-tech study).

In a statement, health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the study found that the drug yielded no significant differences in ICU admissions, mechanical ventilation, symptom recovery, blood parameters and chest X-ray resolution.

“The main aim of the I-tech study was to see if Ivermectin administered during the first week of illness prevented deterioration to Stage 4 or 5 among hospitalised patients aged 50 years and above with at least one comorbidity,” he said.

- More -
I’ll study findings, says MP who urged use of Ivermectin for Covid treatment

[Image: William-Leong-Jee-Keen-290121.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: PKR MP William Leong, who once pushed for the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid-19 patients, says he wants to study the findings of the health ministry after it said it does not recommend the drug to be administered on those who have been infected.

“I will look into the health ministry’s findings and see where to go from there,” Leong, who had raised the matter in Parliament, said.

- More -
Ivermectin study: Doctor whose clinic was raided stands his ground, disputes findings

[Image: Sungai-Buloh-ICU-Bernama-210721.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: A doctor who had his clinic raided by authorities for supplying Ivermectin to his patients said the health ministry’s study on the drug could not make any conclusions on its efficacy for prevention and early treatment.

Earlier today, health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the ministry did not recommend using Ivermectin to treat Covid-19 patients, following its Ivermectin treatment effectiveness test (I-tech study) on high-risk patients.

- More -
Now MPs say respect findings if science says ‘no’ to Ivermectin

[Image: Reuters_Ivermectin-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Opposition MPs who had urged the health ministry to use Ivermectin in the treatment of Covid-19 patients said everyone must respect the science and research behind the ministry’s decision not to recommend the use of the antiparasitic drug to treat Covid-19.

Yesterday, upon completion of its Ivermectin effectiveness test on high-risk Covid-19 patients, health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the ministry had found the drug yielded no significant impact on ICU admissions, mechanical ventilation, symptom recovery, blood parameters or chest X-ray resolution.

- More -