Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: No conspicuous factions in DAP, just differences of opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RAMASAMY_PALANISAMY_PENANG_DEPUTY_CHIEF_...2020-2.jpg]

From P Ramasamy

I would like to respond to the article “Knives come out as Penang DCM mulls move to Parliament” (Oct 15, 2021, FMT).

While the publication’s reporters are entitled to their views, I need to comment on some matters raised.

It was argued that I am expected to contest a parliamentary seat in the next general election (GE15) and that there are members jostling to take over the post of deputy chief minister in Penang.

There are two rival factions, one is aligned to an ambitious newcomer and the other linked to me with Majlis Bandaran Seberang Perai councillor David Marshel and Bagan Dalam state assemblyman Satees Muniandy.

The recent allegations about David’s involvement in the attack against M Ramachandran of the Penang Hindu Endowments Board and the distribution of sub-standard tablets for Tamil schools were attributed to the opposing faction.

These allegations were attributed to the newcomer who intends to build ties with individuals and groups opposed to me and those who have close links with me.

- More -