Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Government urged to engage all stakeholders over logistics Bumiputera equity issuey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lawmaker urges government to engage all stakeholders over logistics Bumiputera equity issue

[Image: ONG_KIAN_MING_220719.JPEG]

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 25 — Bangi MP Ong Kian Ming called today for objective discussions on the Finance Ministry’s proposal to require local logistics operators to have 51 per cent Bumiputra ownership.

He said the ministry’s decision to postpone the requirement was not a long-term solution.

Instead, Ong said relevant stakeholders including the Ministry of International Trade and Industry, the Ministry of Transport, Malaysia Investment Development Authority (MIDA), port operators, logistics operators, business chambers, financial institutions and politicians must discuss the matter exhaustively.

“I am sure that my colleagues and myself who have experienced in MITI, MOF and MOT would be willing to participate in an honest and open dialogue, in the spirit of the MOU that was recently signed by PH and the Keluarga Malaysia government, so that we can have a mature discussion and avoid politicking via newspaper headlines,” he said in a statement today.

-- More -