Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: I can’t let kleptocrats get back into power, says PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Muhyiddin-Yassin-Bernama-150621.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin says he bears the responsibility of not allowing the group of “kleptocrats” to get back into power.

In a national address today, Muhyiddin explained the reasons behind his attempt to reach bipartisan agreement for the opposition to back him in a motion of confidence in Parliament.

“The reason I have made this proposal is that it will allow the government to continue to function during the pandemic.

“At the same time, just like all of you, I have the responsibility of not allowing the kleptocrat group to govern if this political turmoil is not resolved immediately,” he said.

This was a thinly veiled dig at Umno MPs like Najib Razak, with the term “kleptocrat” often used by the opposition against the former prime minister back in the 2018 polls.

Muhyiddin’s remarks also come just two weeks after claiming that he had been under pressure from “certain parties” to intervene in the court matters of several individuals facing criminal charges.

- More -