Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Dr M – teller of tall tales and his waning audience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DR-M-Mahathir-Anwar-Ibrahim-PKR-190719-12.jpg]

From Clement Stanley

Malaysia was known at one time for putting up the tallest building. The country has also  probably produced the world’s best squash player of all time.

It is known for many other achievements, although some of these will probably be overtaken or have already been overtaken.

But I believe Malaysia will never be overtaken when it comes to producing the world’s biggest storyteller in the form of Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

Mahathir recently said he wanted Anwar Ibrahim as prime minister but claims it was undone by Muhyiddin Yassin, our present prime minister. Really?

The Brothers Grimm were magnificent storytellers, but the yarn Mahathir is now spinning far outweighs any stories they have come up with.

While I am no admirer of Anwar, I do sympathise with him.

Anwar has been duped by Mahathir so many times you almost need a calculator to work it out.

And while great storytellers can pull you into their universe and make you believe in the fantastic, Mahathir’s latest would beat it all if it was said a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away.

- More -