Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: I wasn’t consulted on no-confidence motion, says Umno MP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Jazlan-Yaakub-bernama.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Machang MP Ahmad Jazlan Yaakub says he was not consulted on Barisan Nasional’s supposed joint decision to not support any motion of no confidence against Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin when Parliament sits.

He said that the consensus did not involve all BN MPs, adding that if there were discussions among elected representatives from the coalition, it only involved those with certain “interests”.

“This is not a question of posts or positions, we must think about the party’s honour.

“What’s the point of having big posts and high positions when the party is being weakened by others at the same time?

“I don’t know if there is a statement on BN MPs willing to support the government of the day because I was not invited for discussions.

“To me, I decided not to support Perikatan Nasional (PN), I will not go back on my decision,” he told FMT.

However, Jazlan conceded that he would follow the party’s decision to back or reject a no-confidence motion if it is tabled.
“We will follow whatever the party decides,” he said.

- More -