Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Charlie Munger calls bitcoin ‘disgusting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Charlie Munger calls bitcoin ‘disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization’
  • Berkshire Hathaway Vice Chairman Charlie Munger called bitcoin “disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization.”
  • “I don’t welcome a currency that’s so useful to kidnappers and extortionists and so forth, nor do I like just shuffling out of your extra billions of billions of dollars to somebody who just invented a new financial product out of thin air,” he said.
  • The 97-year-old Munger has long criticized bitcoin for its extreme volatility and a lack of regulation.
[Image: 106877015-1619899401300mungeralone-jpg?v...=740&h=416]
Berkshire Hathaway Vice Chairman Charlie Munger’s distain toward bitcoin has only intensified amid the digital asset’s record run this year.

“Of course I hate the bitcoin success,” the 97-year-old Munger said during a Q&A session at Berkshire’s annual shareholder meeting Saturday. “I don’t welcome a currency that’s so useful to kidnappers and extortionists and so forth, nor do I like just shuffling out of your extra billions of billions of dollars to somebody who just invented a new financial product out of thin air.”

“I think I should say modestly that the whole damn development is disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization,” said Munger, a legendary investor in his own right.

- More -