Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: 14-year-old girl won $25K for a discovery that could lead to a cure for Covid-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This 14-year-old girl won a $25K prize for a discovery that could lead to a cure for Covid-19

(CNN)As scientists around the world race to find a treatment for the coronavirus, a young girl among them stands out.

Anika Chebrolu, a 14-year-old from Frisco, Texas, has just won the 2020 3M Young Scientist Challenge -- and a $25,000 prize -- for a discovery that could provide a potential therapy to Covid-19.

Anika's winning invention uses in-silico methodology to discover a lead molecule that can selectively bind to the spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

"The last two days, I saw that there is a lot of media hype about my project since it involves the SARS-CoV-2 virus and it reflects our collective hopes to end this pandemic as I, like everyone else, wish that we go back to our normal lives soon," Anika told CNN.

- Continue reading -